What is dua e  Istikhara 

Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right thing concerning any affair in one’s life, especially when one has to choose between two permissible alternatives.

Allah Almighty said in the Holy Quran:Whoever seeks the counsel of the Creator will not regret it and whoever seeks the advice of the believers will feel confident about his decisions . Allah said in the Qur'an :

"And consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision , put your trust in Allah."

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/162. and Aal-'Imran 3:159.


dua e istikhara


Method of  dua e istikhara

The method of istikhārah is to perform two rak‘āt at any time of the day, other than the times when nafl salāh is forbidden. It is preferable to recite Sūrah Al-Kāfirūn in the first rak‘ah and Sūrah Al-Ikhlās in the second. Thereafter one should praise Allāh ta‘ālā, send salāh upon the Prophet sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam and then recite the following du‘ā 

dua e istikhara

"O Allāh! I seek goodness from You, through Your Knowledge, and I seek strength through Your Power and ask for Your great Bounty, for You are able to do things while I am not, and You know while I do not; and You are the Knower of the Unseen. O Allāh, if You know that this matter [name your matter] is good for me, in respect to my Dīn, my worldly life and the consequence of my affairs, then decree it for me and make it easy for me, and then grant me barakah in it. And if You know that this matter [name your matter] is bad for me in respect to my Dīn, my worldly life and the consequence of my affairs, then turn it away from me and turn me away from it, and decree for me what is good, wherever it may be, and make me be pleased with it. (Al-Bukhārī)"

Read two rak'ah before sleeping at night and read the above prayer.Be clean and turn towards the side of the tribe and sleep.


How Do You Get Your Answer from dua e istikhara?


If you are not clear about the result of the istikhara, it is recommended to repeat istikhara up to 7 times if necessary, and on separate occasions. Your answer may not necessarily come to you in the form of a dream or even as a 'feeling.' 

Rather, the solution from your istikhara prayer will be a guidance from Allah SWT towards that which is khayr or best for you.

watch Dream After dua e Istikhara?